Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
TYEE (1927)
Pictured as: the Crowley No. 28 (Crowley Tug) Photo courtesy of: P. S. M. H. S.

Built in 1927 by James Robertson of Alameda, California as the A.E. Williams for the Harbor Tug and Barge Company of San Francisco, California.

The tug was later acquired by the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Crowley No. 28.

The tug was later transferred to the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company subsidiary. The Puget Sound Tug and Barge Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Tyee.

She was eventually acquired by the Campbell Towing Company of Wrangell, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Robert.

In 2007, the tug was acquired by Dennis C. Feragen of Lynnwood, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Tyee.

The tug was then acquired by Burt Cook of Belton, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Pirates Pride. And, rebuilt as a charter passenger yacht, that operated out of Juneau, Alaska,

The vessel is no longer listed in documentation. She was a single screw vessel, rated at 800 horsepower.
(Kyle Stubbs)


  • Vessel Name: TYEE (1927)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 226342
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDD9329
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: JAMES ROBERTSON
  • Year Built: 1927
  • Length: 80.4
  • Hailing Port: JUNEAU, AK.
  • Hull Depth: 8.9
  • Hull Breadth: 20.9
  • Gross Tonnage: 75
  • Net Tonnage: 40
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    A.E. Williams, Crowley No. 28, TYEE, Robert, Tyee, PIRATES PRIDE
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Harbor Tug and Barge Co., Crowley Launch and Tugboat Co.,Campbell Towing Company DENNIS C FERAGEN, BURT W COOK JR.