(Puget Sound Tugboat Company)
Founded in 1891, as a partnership between four Puget Sound lumber companies, which each contributed a tugboat to the company.
The initial fleet of the Puget Sound Tug Boat Company consisted of the tug Tyee from the Puget Sound Commercial Company. The Wanderer from Port Blakely Mill Company. The Richard Holyoke from the Kendrick and Adams Company. And, the Tacoma from the Tacoma Mill Company.
In 1946, Thomas Crowley, who had owned a partial stake in the company, became the controlling interest, and its operations became subsidiary to the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company of San Francisco, California.
In 1975, Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company was restructured as the Crowley Maritime Corporation, and Puget Sound Tug and Barge was phased out of use in favor of the Crowley name.