Built in 1934, by the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Company of Staten Island, New York (hull #824) as the Poughkeepsie Socony for the Socony Vacuum Oil Company of New York, New York.
In 1955, the Socony Vacuum Company was renamed as the Socony Mobil Oil Company of New York, New York. Where the tanker retained her name.
In 1957, the Poughkeepsie Socony received a mid body extension. At the Avondale Marine Ways Incorporated of Avondale, Louisiana. Which added 29.5(ft) to the overall length of the vessel. For a new length of 282(ft).
In 1962, the company was rebranded as the Mobil Oil Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Mobil New York.
In 1971, she was acquired by the Poling Brothers Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the vessel was renamed as the Captain Sam.
In 2004, the vessel was acquired the Poling-Cutler Marine Transportation Company of Freehold, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Kristin Poling.
In 2011, she was scrapped at Witte Marine Incorporated's scrapyard in Staten Island, New York. The vessel was powered by two, air-injection, aggregating, diesel engines. She was a twin screw, coastal tanker, rated at 750 horsepower.