Home Search Links About Us Updates Login

(Skinner and Eddy Corporation)

The Port Blakely Mill Company began in 1863 when Canadian lumberman Captain William Renton established a sawmill at Blakely Bay on Puget Sound. By the late 19th century, it was claimed to be among the largest such facilities on Earth, producing 100 million board feet of lumber per year.

In 1891, the company partnered with three other area endeavors to form the Puget Sound Tug Boat Company, contributing the tug Wanderer to the effort.

In 1903, the company was purchased by David E. "Ned" Skinner and John W. Eddy, who in 1916 founded the Skinner and Eddy Corporation to manage lumber towing for the mill and operate shipyards in Seattle.

Active Tugs
Retired / Sold / Inactive / Lost Units