Built in 1944, by Smith's Shipyard Incorporated of Pensacola, Florida (hull #3) as the ST-716 for the United States Army.
In 1944, she was delivered to the United States Army, where she was allocated to the war effort in England.
In 1947, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Commandant.
In 1950, she was acquired by the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzellido.
In 1958, the tug was acquired by Taylor and Anderson Marine Towing Incorporated of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Tanda 11.
In 1991, she was acquired by the Krause Marine Towing Company of Perry Hall, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the JoAnn Krause.
In 2019, the tug was phased out of active service. And she was "laid up" at Baltimore, Maryland.
Originally powered by a single, six cylinder, Clark Brothers MD6 diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller for a rated 650 horsepower. In 1955, she was re powered with a single, twelve cylinder, General Motors Detroit Diesel diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.