Built in 1945, by Sturgeon Bay Shipbuilding Incorporated of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #ST-910) as the ST-910 for the United States Army.
The tug was later acquired by Campbell Maritime Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Driftwood. And, was outfitted with a single z drive rated at 150 horsepower.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.
The tug's capacities are 800 gallons of fuel, and 100 gallons of water.