Built in 1962, by St. Louis Shipbuilding Incorporated of St. Louis, Missouri (hull #1930) as the Wm. H. Zimmer for Midland Enterprises Incorporated of Cincinnati, Ohio.
In 1984, the Ohio River Company Incorporated of Cincinnati, Ohio was contracted to operate the tug.
In 1984, R and W Marine Incorporated of Paducah, Kentucky was contracted to operate the tug.
In 2004, she was acquired by the Excell Marine Corporation of Cincinnati, Ohio. Where the tug was renamed as the R.L. Griffith.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Charlie G.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645E7B diesel engines. With Western reduction gears, at a ratio of 4:1. Turning two, 109(in) by 103(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 5,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Caterpillar 3306 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 64,616 gallons of fuel, and 1,300 gallons of lube oil.