Built in 1974, by the Equitable Equipment Company Incorporated of New Orelans, Louisiana (hull #1650) as the Martha Theriot for Nolty J. Theriot Offshore Incorporated of Golden Meadow, Louisiana.
In 1984, the tug was sold and renamed as the Martha.
In 1988, she was sold and renamed as the Independent Victory.
In 1992, the tug was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Sea Victory.
She was the first Sea Victory class tug for Crowley Marine Services Incorporated.
In 2012, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.
She was powered by two, twenty cylinder, EMD 20-645-E5 diesel engines. With Lufkin reduction gears, at a ratio of 5.930:1. Turning two, four bladed, stainless steel, fixed pitch, propellers mounted in sort nozzles. For a rated 7,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two Detroit 8V-71 generators. The tug's capacities are 199,727 gallons of fuel oil, 3,350 gallons of lube oil, and 7,950 gallons of potable water.
The towing gear consists of an INTERcon DD-250 double drum towing machine outfitted with 3,000(ft) of 2.25(in) wire on one drum, and 3,600(ft) of 2.25(in) on the second drum. She is also equipped with two emergency hawsers consisting of 300(ft) of 10(in) Samson braid line.