Built in 1915, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #35) as the Iowa for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1951, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by a single Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham
reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and, one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)