Built in 1911, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #14) as the Minnesota for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2020, the tug was placed out of active service and "laid up".
In 2021, the tug was renamed as the Tennessee.
In 1960, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.5:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 66(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Detroit Diesel 2-71 diesel generator sets.
(Paul Strubeck, Mark Shumaker)