Built in 1913, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #25) as the T.C. Lutz for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1934, the Great Lakes Towing Company renamed the tug as the Oklahoma.
In 1950, she was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)