Built in 1916, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #41) as the Texas for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1950, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by a single, Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1 Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)