Built in 1914, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #30) as the Virginia for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2020, the tug was placed out of active service and "laid up".
In 1921, the tug was re powered. And in 1951, she was converted to diesel electric propulsion. Powered by a single, Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1 Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)