Built in 1916, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #39) as the Alabama for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2009, the tug was scrapped at Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1957, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)