Built as 1927, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #56) as the Connecticut for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1998, the tug was scrapped.
In 1958, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by a single, Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and a shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)