Built in 1900, by the Davidson Shipbuilding Company of West Bay City, Michigan (hull #93) as the General for the Union Towing and Wrecking Company of Cleveland, Ohio. A division of the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1910, the tug was sunk in a collision on the St. Mary's River near Lime Island, in the vicinity of DeTour, Michigan.
In 1919, she was raised and salvaged by T. L. Durocher of DeTour, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1930, the tug burned at DeTour, Michigan. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.