Built in 1907, by the Buffalo Drydock Company of Buffalo, New York (hull #212) as the Harvard for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1938, the tug was acquired by an individual named Thomas Ahlquist of Long Island, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1942, she was acquired by the North Carolina Shipbuilding Company of Wilmington, North Carolina. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1943, the tug was acquired by the United Stated Maritime Commission. Where she retained her name.
In 1949, she was acquired by the Russell Brothers Towing Company (Newtown Creek Towing Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Russell 7.
In 1952, the tug was acquired by undisclosed Brazilian interests. In 1938, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.