Built in 1896, by Bell Steam Engine Works of Buffalo, New York as the Harvey D. Goulder for L.P. and J.A. Smith of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1899, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she retained her name.
In 1917, she was acquired by the United States Shipping Board. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1920, the tug was acquired by United States Quartermaster Corps. Where she was designated as the A.T.S. Tug No. 7.
In 1922, she was acquired by the Michigan Limestone and Chemical Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A division of the U.S. Steel Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Frederick T. Kellers.
In 1953, the tug was acquired by the American Tug and Transit Company of Port Huron, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 1994, she was scrapped. The tug was powered by one, 19(in) by 38.75(in) by 30(in) engine. With a Kingsford Boiler. In 1957, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. She was a single screw tug, rated at 500 horsepower.