Built in 1915, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #34) as the Lorain for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1942, the tug was acquired by the R.C. Huffman Construction Company Cleveland, Ohio. Where she retained her name.
In 1946, she was acquired by the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YTM-330.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by the Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Cabot.
In 1966, she was acquired by the Andros Marine Chartering Company of Port Everglades, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1967, the tug was acquired by the Providence Towing Company of Providence, Rhode Island. Where she retained her name.
In 1971, she was acquired by an individual named Alan M. Kennedy Jr. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1972, the tug was acquired by the Selvick Marine Towing Corporation of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Where she was renamed as the Steven M. Selvick.
In 1996, she was sunk Trout Point in Munising Bay on Lake Superior as part of the Alger Underwater Preserve.
In 1953, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. In 1988, the tug was re powered with a single, Fairbanks-Morse diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)