Built in 1930, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #64) as the Nevada for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1990, the tug was "laid up" at Cleveland, Ohio and in 1998, the tug was scrapped.
In 1959, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion, and fit with a Cleveland 12-278A. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.5:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 66(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.