Built in 1953, by the Albina Engine and Machine Works of Portland, Oregon (hull #278) as the Tanana for the Alaska Railroad Corporation of Anchorage, Alaska
In 1980, the tug was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she retained her name.
In 2012, the tug was acquired by the Nerka Transport Company of Dillingham, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Bella Catherine.
Powered by two, Lugger 6170 diesel engines. Turning two, 47(in) by 35(in), five bladed, fixed pitch propellers. For a rated 1,400 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, 75kW generator, driven by a Buda diesel engine. And, one 55kW John Deere generator set, driven by a John Deere diesel engine.
The tug's capacities are 40,027 gallons of fuel, and 600 gallons of water. Her towing equipment consists of a 25 ton, center, electric, push winch. And, a 20 ton electric, P and S push winch.