Built in 1910, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #12) as the W. L. Mercereau for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1937, Great Lakes Towing Company renamed the tug a the New Mexico.
In 1997, the tug was transferred to the Puerto Rico Towing and Barge Company of San Juan, Puerto Rico. A subsidy of the Great Lakes Group of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Punta Lima.
In 2007, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.
In 1955, she was converted to diesel propulsion, and fit with an EMD 12-567ATL diesel engine. She was later repowered with an EMD 12-567CA. With a Falk reduction gear, at a ratio of 2.98:1. Turning one, 84(in) by 80(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller in a Kort nozzle. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,640 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)