Built in 1911, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #16) as the Pennsylvania for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2010, the tug was phased out active service and she was "laid up" at Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2019, she was scrapped.
In 1960, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, Cleveland 8-498 diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.0:1. Turning one, 96(in) by 91(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller, in a Kort nozzle. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,400 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)