Built in 1912, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #17) as the Waukegan for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1941, the tug was acquired by the Atlantic Tug and Equipment Company of Buffalo, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1946, she was acquired by Marine Towing and Salvage Limited of Salter St, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Where the tug was renamed as the Bansun.
In 1951, the tug was acquired by Foundation Maritime Limited of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Where she was renamed as the Atlantic Queen.
In 1967, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown.