Built in 1927, by American Shipbuilding of Lorain, Ohio (hull #799) as the Rogers City for the Michigan Limestone and Chemical Company of Rogers City, Michigan.
In 1928, Michigan Limestone was acquired by U.S. Steel Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1956, she was renamed Dolomite.
In 1981, she was acquired by the North American Towing Company of Duluth, Minnesota. A subsidy of the North Central Maritime Corporation of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Where the tug was renamed as the Chippewa.
In 1990, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where the tug was renamed Missouri.
In 1981, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one Alco 12-251C diesel engine. With a Haley reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.81:1. Turning one, 101(in) by 94(in), fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 2,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Detroit Diesel 2-71 diesel generator sets.