Built in 1955, by Byant Boats Incorporated of Bayou LaBatre, Alabama as the Hardhead for the Star Towing Company of New Orleans, Louisiana.
In 1966, the tug was acquired by the Gulf States Oil Transportation Corporation of Kaplan, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Mr. Gus.
In 1987, she was acquired by Casilia Incorporated of Natchez, Mississippi. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by Yazoo River Towing Incorporated of Vicksburg, Mississippi. Where she retained her name.
In 2005, she was acquired by the Inland Dredging Company of Dyersburg, Tennessee. Where the tug retained her name.
Powered by two, GM 12V-71 diesel engines, at a reduction of 5:1. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 800 horsepower.