Photo by: Kyle Stubbs
Built in 1941 by Albina Engine and Machine Works at Portland, Oregon (hull #50) as the Jupiter for the Smith Tug and Barge Company of Rainier, Oregon.
In 1962, the tug was acquired by McRae Towing Service of Portland, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Scott.
In 1979, she was acquired by the Knutson Towboat Company of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where the tug was renamed as the Beaver.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 330 horsepower.