Photo by: Birk Thomas
Built in 1954, by the American Electric Welding Company of Savannah, Georgia for the United States Army.
In 1954, the tug was acquired by Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation of Messina, New York. Where her deckhouse was modified, and she was renamed as the Fourth Coast.
In 1999, she was acquired by Dawes Marine Tug and Barge Incorporated of North Tonawanda, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Tommy Ray.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by the Sound Marine Construction and Salvage Incorporated of Nyack, New York. Where she was renamed as the Kenny G.
Powered by one, Caterpillar 3092 diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 525 horsepower.