Built in 1898, by J. H. Dialogue and Sons Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #341) as the Navigator for J. Needham.
On August 20th, 1918 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the SP-2225 (Navigator).
On July 17th, 1920 the United States Navy redesigned the tug as the YT-39 (Navigator).
On May 15th, 1944 the United States Navy redesigned the tug as the YTB-39 (Navigator).
On October 14th 1946, the tug was placed out of service, and was "laid up" at Mare Island, California. On December 30th, 1946 she was struck from the Naval Register. And on August 8th, 1947 the tug was transferred Maritime Commission for disposal. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown.
Powered by two, Babcock and Wilcox oil burning boilers, driving one 1,000 horsepower, triple expansion steam engine (16.5(in) by 24(in) by 41(in) by 30(in) turning a single shaft.