Built in 1945 by Everett-Pacific Shipbuilding at Everett, Washington as the YTL-564 for the United States Navy.
In 1957, the tug was acquired by the General Construction Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Ruby XIV.
She was later acquired by Alaska Tug and Salvage of Kodiak, Alaska. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug was later acquired by the Amak Towing Company Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she retained her name.
She was later acquired by the Northwest Marine Propulsion Museum of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2017 the tug was sold to an undisclosed owner. Where she retained her name and was registered as a recreational vessel.
Powered by a single Washington Iron Works 6-15 diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. For a rated 300 horsepower.