Built in 1954 by Fellows and Stewart Incorporated at Wilmington, California as the ST-2136 for the United States Army.
In 1962 the tug was acquired by the Ryan Contracting Corporation of Los Angeles, California. Where she was renamed as the San Clemente.
She was later acquired by the Alaska Timber Corporation of Klawock, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Sunnahee.
In 1980, the tug was acquired by South Coast Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the R.V. Day.
In 2005, she was acquired by the Dunlap Towing Company of Everett, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2012, the tug was acquired by Culbertson Marine Construction Incorporated of Anacortes, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Skagit.