Built in 1957, by Vicksburg Marine Ways Incorporated of Vicksburg, Mississippi (hull #9) as the Ernest Mack for the M. and M. Towing Company of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Augusta Towing Company Incorporated of Barhamsville, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Evelyn Doris.
In 2004, she was acquired by Intracoastal Marine Incorporated of Chesapeake, Virginia. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2021, the tug was phased out of active service and was "laid up" at Chesapeake, Virginia.
She was a twin screw towboat, rated at 1,000 horsepower.