Built in 1956, by American Boiler Works Incorporated of Erie, Pennsylvania (hull #ST 2118) The vessel was completed by Matton Shipyard Incorporated of Cohoes, New York (hull #311) as the ST-2118 for the United States Army.
In 1956, she was delivered to the United States Army, and placed in service as ST-2118 (Guilford Courthouse). The tug was allocated to the United States Army Transportation Corps. at Fort Eustis, Virginia as part of the 73rd Floating Craft Company.
In 2001, the tug was acquired by Tripp Marine Construction of Westport, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Guilford Courthouse.
In 2017, she was phased out of active service, and was “laid up” at Fall River, Massachusetts.
Originally powered by a single, White Atlas Imperial diesel engine, with a single fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug rated at 600 horsepower.
In 2019, Tripp Marine Constriction repowered the tug with a single Caterpillar diesel engine, with a Twin Disc MG540 reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.10:7. She is a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two generator sets. One Stamford 40kW generator set, driven by a Kubota V3800 D1 ESO1 diesel engine. And, one 26kW generator set, driven by a Kubota V2203 diesel engine.
The tug's capacities are 6,000 gallons of fuel, 150 gallons of lube oil, 160 gallons of hydraulic oil, 1,207 gallons of potable water.