Built in 1953, by the American Electric Welding Company of Savannah, Georgia (hull #ST2050) as the ST-2050 for the United States Army.
In 1970, the tug was acquired by the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation of Messina, New York. Where she was renamed as the Eighth Sea.
In 1990, she was acquired by the Lake Towing and Salvage Company of Plattsburgh, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the 8th Sea.
In 2000, the tug was redocumented as a recreational vessel.
Powered by a single, Cummins diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 250 horsepower.