Built in 1926, by Manitowoc Shipbuilding Incorporated of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #224) as the William A. Lydon for the Pere Marquette Railway Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1926, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company of Oak Brook, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the W.m. A. Lydon.
In 1993, she was acquired by Holly Marine Towing Company of Chicago, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Holly Ann.
In 2008, the tug was acquired by Basic Marine Incorporated of Escanaba, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 2017, she was scrapped at Escanaba, Michigan.
In 1950, the tug was repowered with a single, Cleveland Cleveland 278A diesel engine. In 1996, the tug was repowered with a single, EMD 16-567C diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.