Built in 1943, by Gulfport Boiler and Welding Works Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #244) as the ATR-126 for the United States Navy.
In 1944, the tug was redesignated as the ATA 199. She was commissioned in October of 1944. And was assigned to the assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater.
In 1947, the tug was decommissioned. And, in 1948 she transferred to a reserve fleet. Where she was redesignated as the ATA-199 (Undaunted). And was stuck from the naval record in 1963.
In 1963, the tug was transferred to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Where she retained her name.
In 1964, she was transferred to the Bureau of Commercial Fisheries. Where she retained her name.
In 1964, she was transferred to the United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Kings Pointer.
In 1993, the tug was acquired by Basic Marine Incorporated of Escanaba, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Krystal K.
In 1998, she was acquired by the Pere Marquette Shipping Company of Ludington, Michigan. And the tug was renamed as the Undaunted. The tug was widened, and rebuilt with a raised wheelhouse, and was outfitted with a Hydraconn coupler system. The tug paired with the 385(ft) by 58(ft) by 24(ft) self unloading barge the Pere Marquette 41.
In 2020, the unit was acquired by Interlake Maritime Services of Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Where the unit retained their names.
Originally powered by two, GM 12-278A diesel-electric engines. Powered by tow, Cummins K38-M diesel engines. She is a twin engine, single screw tug.