Built in 1943, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York (hull #530) as the USCGC Snohomish (WYTM-98) for the United States Coast Guard.
Her keel was laid down on January 25th, 1944. She was commissioned on May 2nd, 1944 and she entered service later that year and was allocated to Boston, Massachusetts.
In 1947, she was transferred to Rockland, Maine. During her service the vessel carried out search and rescue missions as well as ice breaking duties. She was stricken from service on April 4th, 1986.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by a Argo Ship Managment of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Sarah Rose.
In 2002, Argo Ship Managment renamed her as the Dami Dew.
In 2004, the tug was donated to the Northeastern Maritime Historical Foundation of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she was renamed as Snohomish.
In 2006, she was then acquired by Sable Point Marine of Ludington, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2014, the tug was then acquired by K and K Warehousing Incorporated of Menominee, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 2014, she was acquired by Basic Marine Incorporated of Escanaba, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
She was eventually scrapped at Escanaba, Michigan. The tug was powered by two, six cylinder, Ingersoll Rand diesel engines. Turning a single propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.