Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
IROQUOIS (1955)

Built in 1955, by St. Louis Ship of St. Louis, Missouri as the Iroquois for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Where she was allocated to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers sector Louisville, Kentucky.

In 1970, the tug was transferred to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers sector Nashville, Tennessee. Where she retained her name.

In 2006, she was transferred to Tennessee Valley Authority of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Where the tug was renamed as the Liberty.

In 2014, the tug was acquired by Coastal Marine Contractors of Slidell, Louisiana. Where she renamed as the Clayton Tre W.

Powered by two, Cummins KT1150 diesel engines with Twin Disc reduction gears at a ratio of 6:1. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 730 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: IROQUOIS (1955)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 1254108
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDI4408
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 1415
  • Ship Builder: ST. LOUIS SHIP
  • Year Built: 1955
  • Length: 72.7
  • Hailing Port: SLIDELL, LA.
  • Hull Depth: 8
  • Hull Breadth: 24.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 88
  • Net Tonnage: 71
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Iroquois, Liberty, CLAYTON TRE W
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    U.S. Amry Corps of Engineers, Tennessee Valley Authority, Pearl River Navigation LLC.