Built in 1989, by VT Halter Marine Incorporated of Lockport, Louisiana (hull #1167) as the Bouchard Girls for the Bouchard Transportation Company of Melville, New York.
In 2007, the tug was fitted with an INTERcon coupler system at Bollinger Shipyard Incorporated of Algiers, Louisiana. Although the tug was fitted with a coupler system. Her traditional towing equipment was retained to allow for traditional towing.
As well as a third John Deere 6068 generator set was installed. In addition to of her existing Detroit Diesel V8 generator sets. The third engine drives the electic generator, or the backup hydraulic pump. Any of the three generators can be used to operate the INTERcon coupler system.
In 2020, the tug was placed out of active service and was "laid up" at Bayou Lafourche, Louisiana.
Powered by two, sixteen cylinder, EMD 645F7B, turbocharged diesel engines. With Falk Reduction gears. For a rated 6,140 horsepower.
The tug's electrical service is provided by two 99kW Detroit Diesel V8 generator sets. With a third John Deere 6068 generator set. Her capacities are 162,202 gallons of fuel, and 8,453 gallons of potable water.