Built in 1987, by Halter Marine Incorporated of Moss Point, Mississippi (hull #1139) as the Ralph E. Bouchard for the Bouchard Transportation Company of Melville, New York.
In 2012, the tug was outfitted with an INTERcon coupler system at Bollinger Shipyards Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Her towing equipment was retained to allow for traditional towing.
In 2020, she was placed out of active service and was "laid up" at Pascagoula, Mississippi.
Powered by two, EMD R16-645-F70 diesel engines. Turning two bronze, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 99kW generator sets. The tug's capacities are 164,702 gallons of fuel, 4,846 gallons of lube oil, and 8,587 gallons of potable water.