Home Search Links About Us Updates Login
BISSO (1908)
Photo by: Wallace Rosser

Built in 1908, by the Johnston Brothers of Ferrysburg, Mississippi (hull #22) as the Frank Perry for the Perry Lumber Company of Perry County, Pennsylvania.

In 1914, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Sipsey.

In 1942, she was acquired by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. Where she was renamed as the Robert H. Rolfe.

In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Bisso Towboat Company of of Luling, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Bisso.

In 1975, she was scrapped.

  • Vessel Name: BISSO (1908)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 204980
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WM5995
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 22
  • Ship Builder: Johnston Brothers
  • Year Built: 1908
  • Length: 89
  • Hull Depth: 12
  • Hull Breadth: 25.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 496
  • Net Tonnage: 144
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Frank Perry, Sipsey, Robert H. Rolfe, Bisso
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Perry Lumber Co., United States Army Corps of Engineers, Bisso Towboat Co.