Home Search Links About Us Updates Login
Pictured as: the Frances K. McAllister (McAllister) Photo by: Captain Brian Fournier

Built in 1942, by Calumet Shipyard and Drydock Company of Chicago, Illinois (hull #141) as the Port Fulton for the United States Maritime Commission.

In 1942, the tug was transferred to the United States Army. Where she was designated as the LT-238.

In 1958, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the tug was not documented until 1961. When the tug was documented, she was renamed as the Frances K. McAllister.

In 1980, the tug was removed from documentation. And in 1996, the tug was scrapped.

In 1971, the McAllister Brothers Towing Company repowered the tug. With a single, six cylinder, Fairbanks Morse diesel engine. Rated at 800 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: PORT FULTON
  • USCG Doc. No.: 286583
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Great Lakes, Registry
  • Call Sign: WR6390
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 141
  • Year Built: 1942
  • Length: 93.1
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 11.6
  • Hull Breadth: 25
  • Gross Tonnage: 196
  • Net Tonnage: 133
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Port Fulton, LT - 238, Frances K. McAllister
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    US Maritime Commission, United States Army, McAllister Brothers Inc., MCALLISTER MARITIME TUGS INC