Home Search Links About Us Updates Login
Pictured as: the Captain Frank (Ocean Barges) Photo by: Captain Ted

Built in 1949, by RTC Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #188) as the Newark for the Pennsylvania Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The tug was later acquired by Seabrook Towing Incorporated of Charleston, South Carolina. Where she was renamed as the Lewis G. Seabrook.

In 1987, Seabrook Towing Incorporated was acquired by the McAllister Brother Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2011, the tug was acquired by Ocean Barges and Tug Logistics. A subsidiary of the Transzone Shipping Service of Port Au Prince, Haiti. Where she was renamed as the Captain Frank.

Originally powered by a single, steam powered 1,300 horsepower Skinner Uniflow engine. She was later repowered with two, Fairbanks Morse 38 D-8 1/8, diesel electric engines. She was a twin screw tug, fitted with kort nozzles For a rated at 4,000 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: LEWIS G. SEABROOK
  • USCG Doc. No.: 2590790
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 83320570
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDD4999
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 188
  • Ship Builder: RTC SHIPBUILDING
  • Year Built: 1949
  • Length: 98.8
  • Hull Depth: 11.1
  • Hull Breadth: 26.2
  • Gross Tonnage: 147
  • Net Tonnage: 77
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Newark, Lewis G. Seabrook
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Pennsylvania Railroad Co., Seabrook Towing Incorporated (Marine Contracting), MCALLISTER TOWING AND TRANSPORTATION COMPANY INC