Built in 1949, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York as the Paterson for the Erie Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.
In 1960, the Erie Railroad Company became the Erie Lackawanna Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug was later acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Steven McAllister.
In 2000, the tug was reefed. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.