Built in 1943, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas as the ST-243 (hull #213) for the United States Army.
In 1949, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the William H. McAllister.
On Sunday November 17th, 1963 at approximately 2300. The tug was towing a "light" oil barge when the tug struck Schuyler Reef on Lake Champlain. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.
(Lake Champlain Committee, Wreckhunter.net)