Built in 1924, by New York Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #290) as the Providence Socony for the Standard Oil Company of New York, New York.
In 1952, she was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Bert Reinauer.
In 1956, the unit was acquired by the Sinclair Refining Company Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she renamed as the Sinclair Milwaukee.
In 1963, she was sold. And, renamed as the Berwyn.
In 1966, the unit was sold. And, renamed as the Falcon.
She was scrapped in 1970.