Built in 1943, by Amship Buffalo/Buffalo Dry Dock of Buffalo, New York (hull #916) as the DPC-93 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Kevin Moran.
The tug was later sold and renamed as the Mutela. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.