Built in 1946, by Parker Brothers and Company Shipyard Incorporated of Houston, Texas (hull #6) as the Dixie for the C.J. Dick Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
In 1953, the tug was acquired by the Sabine Towing and Transportation Company Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Thor.
In 1973, she was acquired by Bisso Towboat Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Alma S.
In 1993, the tug was acquired by Guatemalan interests, based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. Where she retained her name.
Powered by a single Nation Supply Company diesel engine. For a rated 2,400 horsepower.
(Carel Boone, Wallace Rosser)