Built in 1952, by Alexander Shipyard Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana as the Jennifer George for the Bay Houston Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
Along with the Suderman and Young Towing Company of Houston, Texas. The Bay Houston Towing Company is part of a combined operating company, the G and H Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
In 1982, the tug was acquired by the Gaelic Tugboat Company of Grosse Isle, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Galway Bay.
In 1990, she was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Oregon.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by the Florida Marine Terminals Company of Miami, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Gull.
In 2007, she was acquired by Mullane Brothers Marine Transportation of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the American Pride.
In 2011, the tug was scrapped.
She was originally powered by a single, EMD 12-567A diesel engine rated at 900 horsepower.
In 1966, she was re powered with a single, Cleveland Diesel 16-278A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.