Built in 1958, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #525) as the Margaret C. for the A.L. Mechling Barge Lines of Joliet, Illinois.
In 1978, the tug was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Jason Smith.
In 2000, she was acquired by Robbins Maritime Incorporated of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Bay Titian.
As of 2007, the tug was no longer listed in documentation.
In 2009 she was sunk as part of a reef approximately 10nm off the Delaware Coast.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.